OS Giken - Super Lock LSD
- Miniaturized pressure ring and a superior spline-through-side-gear design allows for fitment of more friction plates (up to 2x as many as competitors versions), offering true 100% lock capability.
- Patented pressure ring design allows for smooth, progressive locking.
- LSD case has a relief cut-out for the cone spring, resulting in minimal cone spring degradation and enhanced durability.
- All components are chemically heat treated for maximum durability
- All components are constructed from a high-grade steel alloy
- Gears are raw-forged for maximum strength
- Clutch disks are precision-machined simultaneously on both sides to extremely tight tolerances resulting in minimal warpage.
- LSD case is machined from a single billet piece to ensure uniformity.
Superior Overall Performance
- The OS LSD standard spec allows for low preload while still retaining a fully progressive 100% lock capability; basically, the vehicle will feel like driving on an open diff in slow turns / street driving, but can still transmit maximum power to the drive wheels under load.
- Operation is ultra quiet, and the progressive locking allows for smooth, predictable locking. Especially when replacing an open diff, equipping OS LSD will completely improve the driving experience while maintaining everyday drivability.
- Due to the precision manufacturing, high-grade materials, and unique design, a break-in period nor rebuild is required for OS Giken LSD’s. OS LSD is purposefully over-engineered to offer the best performing, most durable clutch-type LSD available.
- Aside from the performance advantage and stock-like feel at slow speeds, vehicles equipped with OS LSD are more stable in all road/weather conditions, allowing for a safer driving experience.
- Initial torque can be adjusted by using thicker / thinner cone springs
- Lock progression timing can be adjusted by using stiffer / weaker pressure ring springs, allowing the progression of full lock to be fine-tuned to the vehicle/driver.
- Ramp angles can be customized by swapping the pressure ring and iron cross for even more tuning possibilities.
- TCD spec disks can be installed for increased oil cooling and even smoother operation.
Their revolutionary pressure ring houses our patented lock timing system, where springs work in opposition of torque being applied to the LSD. This results in a progressive, smooth, and quiet operation of the clutch discs within the differential. Furthermore, by modifying the spring rate, the rate of which the differential reaches full lock can be adjusted to suit particular vehicle settings and racing styles.
Unlike other manufacturers that utilize modular components, they produce their cams and pressure rings as matching sets. Because the faces of the cams are grounded exactly to match the application area of the pressure ring, torque transfer is smooth and consistent throughout the lock range.
The unique “spline-through” side gears allows our LSD to house more clutch discs than other competitors. Also, due to the relatively large size, it provides superior durability and torque transfer.
The discs are precision-machined simultaneously on both sides to extremely tight tolerances to reduce flatness deviations and to eliminate the need to perform the tedious “figure 8” break-in period. By using as much as twice as many clutch discs than competing brands, our differential provides superior torque hold, while also reducing the “clunkiness” of traditional clutch-type LSDs. This also results in enhanced durability and reduced wear as torque hold is spread out over a higher amount of friction surfaces.
The case and all components are constructed from a high-grade steel alloy, and then chemically heat treated for increased durability. The extra rigidity created ensures that the internal components stay within their tight tolerances, allowing the differential to function with watch-like precision.
Our team at Bleeding Tarmac is working hard to offer you the best prices and the lowest shipping cost. Because we are offering products at MAP, we unfortunately have to charge shipping fees on some items.
Honesty is the best policy - Let's be honest, shipping is not easy and can be pricy. Here at Bleeding Tarmac, we will not hide shipping cost in sale prices. Our automated check out service provides the best estimate, but don't be shy and contact us to get the lowest shipping quote possible.
If you have specific shipping needs, please contact us before ordering.
Oversized, overweight and/or special items may require additional shipping fees and include, but are not limited to : rollcage kits, batteries, seats, tires and wheels. You will be contacted with the actual shipping charges before your order is processed.
Where do we ship?
We ship to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada. Please contact us to get a shipping quote.
International customers are responsible for all duties, fees, and taxes associated with their shipments.
All regular items usually ship within 1 to 10 business days.
To accelerate the shipping process, parts will be shipped from remote warehouses located throughout the United States. Orders may ship in multiple boxes and/or from multiple carriers.
Special orders or out of stock items may take longer and we will inform the customer by email once we have a estimated delay.
Items are carefully packed and sealed to prevent damage in transit. Loss or damage claims must be taken up with the carrier. If a shipment is lost, mis-routed, or damaged we will start an investigation with the shipping carrier. Replacement items cannot be sent until the shipping carrier completes their investigation.
Fluids & Fire Suppression Systems
Shipping restrictions apply to all fluids and fire suppression systems. These items will only be shipped by ground.
ADDED Shipping fees might be required after ordering BRAID WHEELS.
Because of the container shortage and unreliable delays of maritime transport, we only drop ship wheels directly from the manufacture in Spain at the moment.
Shipping fees calculated at check out are ESTIMATED only.
Customer will be contacted after completing the order, BUT before we process payment, to confirm availability, shipping options, and rate.
** Return & Cancellation are usually impossible since most wheels are made to order. Cancellations are ONLY possible if made BEFORE the production begins. Please contact us to verify if anything is possible. **
Unless in stock, order lead time : 4 to 10 weeks
Longer lead times apply during the rebuild season.
Samsonas products are often customized for your car and are shipped from Europe, therefore lead times can vary and occasional delays can occur.
Please order with plenty of time in advance.
Cancellation fee 25%
All Rally Innovations products requires a signature on delivery.
In stock Items will be shipped within 5 business days. Customer will be contacted if shipping delay is expected to be longer.
Cancellations may be allowed under certain conditions. Once the order has been packaged and a tracking number has been created a cancellation will not be allowed. Special order items cannot be canceled at anytime once the order is processed.
If you refuse or return your delivery, the buyer will be responsible for the original shipping charges. Exchanged items will be charged shipping fees.
Our team is here to assist you in your purchase. Please take advantage of our knowledge before you order.
Within 30 days from the receipt of you order, certain items can be approved for return if unused, uninstalled, undamaged, and in the original packaging. Items must include all hardware, instructions, tags, or other original included accessories.
All returned items must be approved and issued an RMA number (returned merchandise authorization). No credit will be issued without a RMA number.
Items must be properly packaged for shipping. We reserve the right to charge a restocking fee or decline issuance of credit for damaged retail packaging. Customer is responsible for return shipping fees.
Please use a trackable service for you return such as UPS, FedEx, or certain USPS services. Return shipments should be insured for the proper amount. Bleeding Tarmac will not be held responsible for returns that are lost or damaged in shipping.
Once the item is received and inspected, a credit will be issued. Refunds may take 3-5 business days to post on your account.
All refunds are subject to a processing and/or restocking fee.
No returns on the following: Special order items, any electronic components, helmets, clothing articles, items considered clearance or close-outs, or items with special pricing, are final sale and may not be returned.
Apparel and promotional items
All apparel and promotional items, including hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts, stickers... are final sales. No returns, exchanges, or refunds will be issued on these items.
We offer no warranty above that of the manufacturer of goods sold. In an effort to minimize legalese we offer the following statement. Each brake parts manufacturer warrants it's goods to be fit and free from defects in materials and workmanship. This is quite limiting. Any warranty above and beyond that is strictly on a case by case basis and limited to replacement of equal value only.
Coupon codes can only be redeemed at the time of purchase. Once an order is placed we will not price match any other competitors, all price matching must be negotiated before an order is placed.
We reserve the right to refuse any order for whatever reason, without being liable for any damage or costs.
Most products on our websites are designed for off-road use, and to be used at the purchaser’s own risk and discretion. Bleeding Tarmac, Broken Motorsports, or any of its companies are exempt from any liability, and will be held harmless for any damage incurred, either property damage or personal harm, by the use of any of these products, whether being used for off-road use, or for use on public roads. While some of these products may be legal for use on public roads, Bleeding Tarmac, Broken Motorsports, or any of its companies do not endorse, authorize, or sanction their use on such public roads.