Sikky Mfg - BMW E36 LS1 Swap Kit- Stage 3 (wiring included)
Vehicle: Third generation BMW E36 (1990–2000)
Fitment Notes: Relocation or Removal of the ABS module is required for this swap. This will require new brake lines to be made.
The steering shaft assembly is required when running our headers for this swap.
The Sikky LSX swap kits are designed for use with the LS series of motors (LS1-LS9) and the T-56 transmission.
Our kit requires no modifications to the factory cross member or subframe and does not hang below the crossmember when installed. When using the Sikky kit it’s a direct drop in solution.
The Sikky motor mounts are CNC machined billet aluminum versus the mig welded sheet metal mounts that other kit manufacturers provide.
Our products are built to the highest standards.
Every component offered in the kit was completely designed in-house by our team of engineers from the ground up.
Unlike our competitors that retro fit off the shelf bushings and other parts from different manufacturers, our urethane transmission and motor mount bushings are designed specifically for these applications.
We build our oil pans with a 1/2″ thick flange and back plate to provide superior strength that will outlast and outperform other pans available.
All our products are tested under rigorous track conditions to ensure our customers are provided only the highest quality parts available.
Transmission and Shifter- This kit is developed to work with both the 4L60E and T56 transmission. The shifter on the T56 is located in the factory position to allow an OEM look and feel to the vehicle.
Wiring – We are currently offering harnesses built by Wiring Specialties to allow for a factory like operation of the gauges.
Currently this kit is designed to work with left hand drive vehicles only.
The Stage 2 Mount Kit Includes:
Aluminum Race Oil Pan
- High Capacity Design
- 6061 CNC Machined Flanges from 1/2″ Aluminum Retaining OEM like Structural Rigidity (not flimsy like other aftermarket pans)
- Rear Flange at Bell Housing Allows Install of Factory Dust Shields
- Baffle and Trap Doors to Prevent Oil Starvation
- New OEM Oil Pan Gasket
- F-Body Camaro Pickup Tube Required
Remote mount filter Kit
- -10 AN Fittings (4) and Stainless Braided Lines (2)
- Remote Oil Filter Base
- High Quality Oil Filter
- All Fittings and Hardware
Engine Mounts & Transmission Mounts
- CAD/CAM Designed CNC Machined Solid 6061 T-6 Aluminum Mounts
- Custom Urethane Bushings with True Isolation
- High Grade Hardware Kit
- Proper Engine Placement and Axle Alignment
- Lifetime Warranty on Engine Mounts
- CAD/CAM Designed
- CNC Bent Steel Mount Bracket
- Urethane Bushing
- High Grade Hardware Kit
- Designed for use with the T56 or T56 Magnum
- Lifetime Warranty on Transmission Mount
- Steel One Piece Driveshaft with High Strength 1310 U-joints
- Designed for Use with the T56 or 4l60e Transmission
- Driveshaft is for 4 bolt differential flanges. If you have a 6 bolt flange, please call as you will need a custom shaft.
- BMW E36, 1 3/4″ Primaries, 3″ Collector, Stainless Steel
- V-Band Flange Pre-Installed (clamp and other half included)
- Includes New Gaskets and Bolts
Wiring Specialties Harness
The Wiring Specialties PRO Series harness was designed from the ground-up to exceed OEM specifications for wire quality, power/ground routing. With our optimized and ‘tucked’ approach the end result will be a clean and worry free installation with a guaranteed start up.
This harness is specifically engineered for a BMW E36 (92-99) with the GM LS1 Cable Throttle engine swap. It was developed in house on an actual LS1 engine in an E36 chassis to ensure a perfect fit to all engine connections.
Wiring Specialties offers a number of options for common performance upgrades for this product. Build your perfect harness by selecting from the available options to the right, and as always – if you have any questions, please reach out to us.
Note: LS2 and up engines, additional accessories and other injector types are subject to additional fees.
SUPPORTED ENGINES: Gen 3 Drive By Cable LS1/Vortec
- Any F-Body LS1 from 1999-2002 Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am or Corvette
- Any LS1 from 2004 Pontiac GTO
- Any Truck/SUV LSx/Vortec engine from 1999-2004 Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Escalade, etc.
- Supports Engines with DRIVE BY CABLE THROTTLE ONLY
CHASSIS: BMW E36
- Any BMW E36 manufactured in 1992-1999
- Factory Speedometer functions by utilizing the ABS system outputs. As long as this system is properly functional, the speedometer will remain accurate.
- Factory Tachometer remains accurate unless number of cylinders changes. Use Dakota Digital SGi-8 if the number of cylinders has changed from factory.
- A/C wiring utilizes stock BMW fuse box AC relay and wiring. The AC compressor connector must be wired to the chassis’ output AC signal wire.
- Retains functional alternator charge light, reverse lights and wipers.
- Optional Factory Gauge Sensor Adapter is needed to retain the factory BMW Oil Pressure cluster functionality. The adapter is also machined to support most aftermarket temperature and pressure gauges that require a 1/8″-27 thread pitch. Will require the use of 1-wire OBD1 Oil Pressure Switch for E36 – BECK Part# 2011515.
- Use an OBD1 Coolant Switch from E36 – BOSCH Part# 02801300 for cluster engine temp functionality.
PRO-SERIES HARNESS TECHNICAL SPECS
- Plug and Play – simple and efficient
- NO CORE HARNESS or additional wiring required
- OEM wire colors used, where applicable
- Fireproof fiberglass sleeving used in high-temp sections near the manifold & turbo (-40°C/-40°F to 450°C/ 845°F operating temperature)
- Point-to-Point continuity tested on every wire
- Constructed using exact OEM connectors and seals
- Made with high temp TXL wire with adhesive shrink tubing (-40°C/-40°F to 125°C/ 257°F operating temperature)
- Wrapped in lightweight nylon loom (-94°C/-137°F to 125°C/ 257°F operating temperature)
- Includes a charge harness and improved grounds
- Fully tested after production for an easy plug-and-play installation
PRO-SERIES HARNESS INCLUDES
- Main Engine and Transmission one-piece tucked harness
- Alternator charge cable built into the main harness
- Knock sensor sub-harness connector
- MAFS connector (3-pin or 5-pin)
- MAP sensor connector
- Intake Air Temp connector
- TPS connector
- 8x Injector connectors
- Bank 1 and Bank 2 Coil interface connectors (coil harnesses are optional)
- Oil Pressure gauge connector
- Wiring for 2 PCM-controlled electric cooling fans
- Cam sensor connector
- Crank sensor connector
- Bank 1 and Bank 2 FRONT Oxygen sensor connectors (High Temp shielding)
- 1 x Ground ring terminal
- Idle air connector
- ECT sensor connector and cluster coolant temp switch connector
- Reverse lights sensor connector
- Speed sensor connector
- Reverse Lockout connector
- Skip Shift connector
- LS1 Alternator connector
- Starter signal/start connector
- A/C Wiring is available as an option. Please note that adding A/C to an LS1 S13 is not easy and will require custom lines and sensor installation. Wiring Specialties will provide a wiring sub-harness needed for operating the A/C system ONLY.
- OBD2 Communication connector
- Printable install instructions with pictures
- Turn Key ENGINE START Guarantee