Mishimoto - Baffled Oil Catch Can System - 08-14 Subaru WRX
The Mishimoto WRX oil catch can is designed and engineered to eliminate harmful blow-by vapors from re-entering your engine. The EJ25 in the STI is known for producing blow-by gases during both normal and severe driving, especially when boost levels are increased. This oil blow-by can work its way into your intake system, reducing the octane rating of your fuel and potentially causing detonation.
The system uses both of our patent pending 2-Port Compact Baffled Catch Can and 3-Port Compact Baffled Catch Can, each with a 50-micron bronze filter and an internal baffle to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. The turbo inlet side of the kit utilizes our 3-port baffled catch can to catch as much oil vapor as possible. The system also includes two direct-fit mounting brackets that are extremely easy to install and also fit right hand drive vehicles!
The WRX oil catch can system comes with six direct fit black hoses that will provide durable operation and provide a factory-like appearance after install. The hoses are designed to fit right onto the PCV valve ports and the turbo inlet ports. Durable aluminum barb fittings provide connections between the hoses and catch cans. And, like every Mishimoto baffled catch can system, this WRX catch can system includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.
- Direct fit for 2008–2014 Subaru WRX
- Dual can setup mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patent pending billet 6061 aluminum cans sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Robust, application-specific brackets mount the cans in serviceable locations
- Includes pre-molded hoses for simplified installation
- Defends intake system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch cans have a 3 oz. capacity for longer serving intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
Overall Height 3.8"
Overall Diameter 2.5"
Inlet 3/8" NPT
Outlet 3/8" NPT
Drain Plug Thread Size 3/8" NPT
Capacity 2 fl oz
Assembled Weight 0.9 lbs
(2) Application-Specific Mounting Brackets
(1) CNC Mounting Block
(1) Black, Anodized 6061 Two-Port Aluminum Catch Can
(1) Black, Anodized 6061 Three-Port Aluminum Catch Can
(6) Direct Fit Hoses, Black
(3) Plastic ½" 90° Barbed Fittings
(2) Plastic 3/8" Barbed Fittings
(1) Plastic 5/8" Y Fitting
(2) Plastic 5/8"-½" Adapter Fittings
(12) Worm-Gear Clamps
(2) Bronze Filters
(2) Air Diverters
(2) Internal Baffles & Rods
(2) 3/8" NPT Plugs
(2) Large O-Rings
(1) Silicone Cap for Turbo Inlet
2009-2010 Impreza GT
GE, GH, GR, GV
Material 6061 Aluminum
Install Torque Specs
22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps.
These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M.
Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M).
This product fits both manual and automatic transmission vehicles, as well as RHD and LHD vehicles.
After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch can every 1,000 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.